Recently in 148 we've been learning about object orientation in programming. Compared to the Java programs that I wrote in grade 9, object oriented programming is a much more efficient way of writing code. Previously, when I first started coding, I would write all my code for a program under one method, and that proved to be very inefficient and messy. In grade 12 I gained all my current background knowledge of object oriented programming, so I have not had any difficulty with the material covered in class. However, one thing new that I learned is how to create your own exceptions based on inheritance from a parent exception class. It was not too difficult to understand though because I already learned the concept of inheritance in high school and it was covered last semester in CSC108.
All the material covered in the past 3 weeks has been interesting so far, so I have no complaints about the course, and it has not been overly challenging at all. The first course exercise wasn't that hard but I needed to go back and take another look at what I had learnt last semester in order to refresh my memory. The lab problem for the tutorial was not too challenging but working with a partner is always good experience. Although, I will always prefer to work alone when it comes to a major project. I haven't really encountered anything that I would consider to be problematic for me thus far and nor have I had any personal achievements, but I did pull out a pencil and a piece of paper for the first time during a class. My goal for next week is to use the pencil and paper to take notes if necessary. To end my first blog I will state my opinion on the SLOG required for CSC148. I strongly dislike it, I think that it should be optional, and it should not be considered for marks.
No comments:
Post a Comment